As a consultant, Stephanie has provided policy, research and advocacy expertise to clients at national policy and research organizations:
- Save the Children
- Sharp Insight, LLC
- Development Services Group, Inc.
- America’s Edge/ReadyNation
- Early Opportunities, LLC
- Center for Law and Social Policy
- Voices for America’s Children
- National Center for Children in Poverty
- National Council of La Raza
Read Schaefer Consulting’s latest E-newsletter for updates on our work.
Stephanie has worked with clients at national nonprofit and consulting organizations to help accomplish their goals. Projects for clients included:
- Identify and compile child well-being indicators data for 50 states and produce state rankings on these indicators.
- Prepare resource pages on effective evidence-based substance abuse treatment approaches for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
- Worked with state advocates to prepare fact sheets documenting state impact of federal budget cuts;
- Researched and compiled information on state pre-kindergarten and child care policies;
- Gathered background research on demographic data and policy information on the nation’s infants and toddlers and their early care and education settings;
- Gathered data, formulated and and co-authored report on the growing need for middle skills labor force in California’s health care sector;
- Co-wrote research synthesis paper on child care subsidies;
- Provided technical assistance and developed content on early childhood policy for an on-line training course for state child policy professionals;
- Drafted research background paper documenting the status of Latino infants and toddlers; and
- Wrote summaries of early childhood development evaluation studies.