As a consultant, Stephanie has provided policy, research and advocacy expertise to clients at national policy and research organizations:
- Buffett Early Childhood Institute
- Maryland Association for the Education of Young Children
- Save the Children
- Sharp Insight, LLC
- Development Services Group, Inc.
- America’s Edge/ReadyNation
- Early Opportunities, LLC
- Center for Law and Social Policy
- Voices for America’s Children
- National Center for Children in Poverty
- National Council of La Raza
Read Schaefer Consulting’s latest E-newsletter for updates on our work.
Stephanie has worked with clients at national nonprofit and consulting organizations to help accomplish their goals. Projects for clients included:
- Conduct literature review on early childhood educator competencies and competency-based systems to inform the work of the Nebraska Early Childhood Workforce Commission.
- Provide staffing support to the Maryland Association for the Education of Young Children, including representing the organization at meetings, working with the Board, and providing information to members, colleagues and the public.
- Identify and compile child well-being indicators data for 50 states and produce state rankings on these indicators.
- Prepare resource pages on effective evidence-based substance abuse treatment approaches for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
- Worked with state advocates to prepare fact sheets documenting state impact of federal budget cuts;
- Researched and compiled information on state pre-kindergarten and child care policies;
- Gathered background research on demographic data and policy information on the nation’s infants and toddlers and their early care and education settings;
- Gathered data, formulated and and co-authored report on the growing need for middle skills labor force in California’s health care sector;
- Co-wrote research synthesis paper on child care subsidies;
- Provided technical assistance and developed content on early childhood policy for an on-line training course for state child policy professionals;
- Drafted research background paper documenting the status of Latino infants and toddlers; and
- Wrote summaries of early childhood development evaluation studies.